Panelview Plus, Fanuc Robots, and Ethernet/IP

pontiacgtp97

I have a project where I have a Panelview Plus trying to communicate to three Fanuc R30iA robots over Ethernet/IP. There is no PLC in the system. How do I sent up the communications and tags. I need help!!

First, I don't know if this is even possible. All Ethernet/IP comms aren't necessarily compatible. Did you find out somewhere that you can do this? You can browse trough ome of the Kepware drivers and see if there is a driver. Otherwise I'm not sure if this is possible.

There is a Kepware driver for Ethernet. I'm not sure that it even has to be Ethernet IP. I had a Rockwell guy come in a few years back connect a Fanuc robot to a A-B PanelView Plus. We may have even used the GE Ethernet driver (SRTP) then you wouldn't need the PAC codes you purchased (big $$$).

Sorry, I didn't keep a backup so I'm not much help - but it can be done.

Has anyone gotten this sorted out?

Trying to do exactly the same with Panelview c600 via cat5 directly to RJ30ia Fanuc robot controller, and not having a lot of luck. I'm admittedly new to the industry, and any help would be hugely appreciated.

Only has to control the robot itself, running 8 part numbers on a stationary carriage.

Okay, this is what I have learned.

1. Panelview Plus will not communicate with a Fanuc robot over standard Ethernet. FactoryTalk View on a PC can. You are required to use Kepware server using the GE Ethernet driver.

2. The robot MUST have HMI device PAC code enabled.

3. You need to have a copy of Fanuc's Integrated PMC Operator's Manual to get the addressing correct.

4. If you want to use a dedicated HMI, throw away the Panelview and use a Proface GP3000. Much, much easier.