Panelview Plus Fatal Error

frorge

Howdy,

I've got a panelview plus unit that recieved some water damage. It is now throwing an error, "Fatal 3a". From what I've found on AB's website that means, "touch stuck" which I take it to mean the touch screen. They then say to replace the screen...

I've replaced the screen for the customer and everything is working great. But out of curiosity have any of y'all seen this issue, and been able to fix it? I wouldn't mind having a spare screen lying around if all i need to do is solder on a new capacitor or something.

Thanks!

**Edit: After some searching I did find this thread: http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=81606
Any other suggestions?

Last edited:
I had the same issue with a PV+ that got wet. Sorry, I did not find a way to fix it on site either. The customer purchased a new one and had to send the bad one in for repair. It's not a bad way to end up with a spare unit.