Panelview Plus - Object Properties

Kidblue

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi people,

Hope somebody can help here? I don't have access to the panelview plus in question until at least Monday, but was wondering if anyone here knew of a solution?
The unit(s) in question are fine and all is (almost) working as it should. My customer has now identified an issue that i need to try and get around. The screen navigation is controlled by a combination of 'GOTO' buttons and triggered via the PLC on certain process and alarm conditions.

This all works ok, until the operator is attempting to enter a numeric value via standard numeric entry. If the e-stop is pressed part way through completing the data entry, it appears to screw the screen triggering, and they are unable to navigate anywhere and cannot complete the numeric entry (presumably because the pop-up has lost it's focus??).

Anyone come across this, and can anyone 'test' this issue??:confused:

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.:site:

I vaguely remember reading an AB knowledge base doc on this. could pay to do a search on the AB site.
Regards Alan Case

Does the numeric entry screen lose focus when the e-stop is pressed? What does pressing the e-stop do? I've never seen an input entry lose focus unless the input object has a visibility animation.

If pressing the e-stop somehow keeps the program from resetting the global connection tag for remote display control to zero, then you won't be able to use any GOTO navigation buttons.

$

Hi. Thanks for the replies. When the e-stop is pressed, one of two things can happen (regarding HMI activity). If it is during a machine cycle, then the screen is triggered via the PLC to a unique screen prompting the operator to firstly release the e-stop, then F1 to continue - then it returns back to the machine running screen.
If it is pressed whilst in the parameter setup screen (which is the scenario i'm having a problem with), all that happens is a 'Muti-state' indicator displays the appropriate status message.
It appears that this multi-state action is removing focus from the numeric entry pop-up. It seems that this is the only issue, and is probably unlikely to actually happen, but there is a possibility.

The global screen tag is automatically reset after 500ms if not equal to zero within the PLC, this is working correctly.

:confused: :confused: