PanelView Plus Serial Ascii Print Problems!

whirlair

I've followed all the steps from Rockwell to use the KepWare UCONN driver to transmit ascii data out of the serial port on this PV+.

No matter what I do it does not work. I know the printer is good because I can hook it straight to my laptop and send it ascii via a RS232 Terminal program and it prints perfectly.

If I connect my panel view plus serial port to my laptop, and press my print button, nothing is transmitted according to the terminal.

Has anyone gotten a serial printer to work on a panelview plus? Do you have to enable the Kep Driver on the PV or something?

How do you set up the device in transaction editor? There are several options for ASCII.

Last edited:
I managed to solve the problem. I made some changes at KepServer and changed cables. One of those worked. Thanks.

PanelView Plus firmware revision must be at 5.00.04 or higher or the following error message, "Unidentified USB device" will appear when plugging in the printer. This will not affect functionality.

Only printers that support Printer Control Language (PCL3) will work. Printer that support PCL4 and PCL5 may not be fully backward compatible. Non-PCL should support ASCII-only printing with the default PCL driver.