Panelview Plus startup - application not loading

ap86

Hello

I have a Panelview Plus on a site. I have copied my application from USB stick onto Internal Storage and then loaded the application all with ME Station. I can then run the application.

The problem occurs on a power cycle or reboot. When the HMI boots up, ME station does not start up, instead showing the Windows CE desktop. If I open ME station manually I find also that the application has not been loaded. I then have to Load Application again manually and then Run Application.

I have tried checking Startup options in the terminal config and have deselected and reselected the application I need. I have also been into Control Panel > System > Startup and toggled between 'do not run ME station' and back to 'run ME station' (or similar terminology).

I have tried loading another application residing on the internal storage, and the same thing happens. This leads me to believe it is a terminal or OS problem rather than an application problem.

I have used the same application on the same USB stick on many sites to do the same, and the application always starts and runs automatically even after a power cycle, no problem.

The client has now noticed on this site and is pushing for a solution.

Could anyone help?

Thanks

Reset panel to factory defaults

Have you tried to reset the panel to factory defaults?

Here are some RA TechConnect knowledgebase that should help.

175033 - PanelView Plus will not automatically load project

117316 - Reset a PanelView Plus 6 to factory default state

* One thing to keep in mind is that a panel factory reset will remove all user installed updated firmware and .MER files *

I would like to factory reset but I can't find how. I don't have access to techconnect at present

I've just had a quick Google and it seems I need to plug in a keyboard and reboot whilst holding F1 to get the maintenance menu. I shall try this when next on site