PanelView Plus True Type Fonts

tspisak

Has anyone used a different True Type font on a PanelView Plus? I made a bunch of screens and just found out that the font files are only available from A-B. How much is that going to cost me??

Isn't that font file on your computer if you used it? If so, you can download the font file to the PV+. If I'm misunderstanding you I'm sorry. I have attached a pdf that may or may not help.

Bob is correct.
You can access the *.TTF file under your windows directory (C:\Windows\Fonts) and just download it straight to terminal using the Transfer Utility.

I wasn't looking for a quote. I wasn't happy about the possibility of being nickel and dimed to death after buying an expensive display. The FactoryTalk software allowed me to use hundreds of fonts but the unit only ships with four.

I tried downloading a Windows font in to the PanelView Plus but I have since been told that you can only use Rockwell supplied fonts. My distributor has ordered the font CD but that may only have a limited number of fonts.

Shouldn't the FactoryTalk software font pull down menu only show the fonts that CAN be used? I'd been developing screen on my desktop PC over the last few weeks and only until I download to a unit do I see what it really looks like.

Lesson learned...