PanelView Plys 7 IP Configuration

tchiem

Hello,

We just recently bought this new PanelView Plus 7 - 2711P-T10C22D9P SER B and when we are trying to put the IP Address. Follow the instructions:
Terminal Settings -> Networks and Communications -> Network Connects -> Network Adapters -> Instead of built-in Ethernet Adapter, we have Microsoft CEPAL ETHER PORT which does not save the IP we put in whenever we reset/power cycle the panel. Any suggestions? Thank you.

...Instead of built-in Ethernet Adapter, we have Microsoft CEPAL ETHER PORT...

I've never seen that. Is there perhaps a device plugged into one of the USB ports? Also, do you have a live Ethernet cable plugged in? If not, it won't display the IP address, although it should save it.

OG

Searching google came up with this explanation for CEPAL "The CE. Platform Abstraction Layer (abbreviated as CEPAL)"

I'd guess that the drivers aren't setup right in windows CE. Since the device is new, can you do a complete reset on it? Might have to reload firmware, too.

Yes, I plug the Ethernet cable to the laptop, the IP will display but when I unplug it disappear.

If there is not an active network, then it will not display an IP address or it might show 0.0.0.0.

You said PanelView Plus 7 and if that Microsoft CEPAL info is as Robb suggested, then you have a PanelView Plus 7 Standard edition. You can do a factory reset on the terminal. It requires that you have a USB keyboard plugged in. But perhaps a factory reset would enable the correct option to appear for your built-in ethernet driver. That would cause the terminal to default to its original firmware. If that firmware had been updated, you would have to redo that upgrade and of course the reset would wipe out anything you had loaded onto the terminal.

If a reset still doesn't resolve it, then I would reach out to your local distributor and let them know about the problem.

If you can snag a picture of that screen showing CEPAL and post it here, we would like to see it.

OG

This is normal with Series B. The IP is only displayed when the PVP is actually connected to a network or another device.
Also, make sure that you enable Ping response or something, in the Windows 10 IOT settings. Out of the box, PVP Series B do not respond to pings.

This is normal with Series B. The IP is only displayed when the PVP is actually connected to a network or another device.
Also, make sure that you enable Ping response or something, in the Windows 10 IOT settings. Out of the box, PVP Series B do not respond to pings.

You are referring to a PVP7 Performance edition. The OP appears to be using the Standard edition which still uses Windows CE.

OG

Yes, I plug the Ethernet cable to the laptop, the IP will display but when I unplug it disappear.

For a panelview to display its IP address, the port needs to be actively connected to something....switch , another laptop...anything.

This behavior is published.