PanelView Testing Application Problems

RedwingRazor

I am using FactoryTalk View 8.1 and restored a 6.1 .mer file. When the .mer file is loaded into a PanelView it starts up with the Main Menu and works just fine. When I try to test the application or run it in FactoryTalk Machine Edition, it comes up error and big letters that says "NO SCREEN SELECTED". I can test individual screens so connectivity to the PLC is good. Any suggestions?

Do you have a screen chosen for which screen to display at startup?

Im having a little difficulty following your issue, do you mean when you test the MER from the software or on the hardware itself?

Did the screen size change when you went from 6.1 to 8.1? Make sure your initial graphic startup screen is set to replace the previous screen.

Screen size did not change. I went to Display Settings and it was set to On Top. I changed it to Replace. Now when I try to test application I get a box that says Starting Application, then a few seconds later, a box shows up saying FactoryTalk ME Station is shutting down. I've been working with AB stuff since 91 and I've never seen anything like this

Do you have any Macros or security Configured?

I would also just try and reboot your PC and see if that fixes it. If it continues and runs fine in the hardware then my SWAG would be that it is looking for something from the PLC and is not getting it. That is of course if you are trying to test it without being connected to the PLC.

Yeah, no macros, no security, rebooted numerous times. I was starting to sway towards the PC issue myself. Thank though, you've been very helpful

Could be lack of security code with the default user. When an application starts, the Default user is logged in and the application's initial graphic has a security code assigned to it that the Default user does not have.

The Security Code selected for the screen shows a *. I think that means no security selected. I think it's the PC I'm working with or the conversion thing from 6.1 to 8.1 because another engineer opened with 6.1 on his machine.