Parking Barrier

Thank you Peter

You are 100% correct Peter and I apologize to everyone and Steve. But my biggest regret is that jocks was the one who suffered even if I was right, So jocks please accept my most biggest and most humble apology. I am done writing in this thread............

Mnehez, please allow me to give you another slant on this.

Many years ago when I first started posting here, I too tried to give direct answers to logic problems. I, like you was happy to help newbies struggling with their first taste of ladder.

I am sure I felt just like you do now.
Then I received a private email explaining much of what has been said above. It took a while for it to dawn on me that it really doesn’t help by giving a full explanation, or posting the full code. (and if you post flawed code, that is even worse)

A lot of people on here are of an age that when we were learning plc’s – there wasn’t any courses, and it wasn’t part of the curriculum at college. So we taught ourselves by long long hours practicing by trail and error. Our Homework was just that; homework.

Jocks wont care a jot about this discussion, he will have copied your work and handed it in and got his grade.
But, in the future, will he remember how to do it when he really needs it?
And that is the essence of this site

Can I add my 2 cents worth. After being on this forum a while it is obvious which questions are from students and which are serious work related queries. Schools must only have X number of scenarios that they ask students to program, ie traffic lights, carpark, lifts.
Usually the student questions are asked exactly the same way all the time, a direct copy of the homework assignment is posted here (though some do disguise it a bit, but who is going to believe they are letting someone with minimal knowledge loose to program a passenger lift) If it is a serious query I will post code and give full help. If it is a student I will guide or correct his work but I will not do his assignment for him. Regards Alan Case

Well, mnehez ole buddy, I'ze glad t' see ya got the idea towards the end there. Ya ain't doin' nobody no favors doin' there work fer them, and if a feller don't have the knack fer this work the sooner he finds out the better! Nobody hyar wants t' pick on nobody else, we is jist concerned with "improvin' the breed" as we says down hyar. It's kind o' like weight training - if ya' does all the lifitin' fer another feller, does he get any benefit?

By the way, after y' has been a reglar fer a while (and I hopes y' are goin' t' be a regular) y'all will recognize them student questions. It is the start of a new semester, apparently, as we has two identical car park questions now. There will be lots more b'fore the semester is over.

mnehez said:
If allen did check my work and there were mistakes then by all means tell me and jocks,let us learn.

2 are in this rung. Study it, and see if you can figure it out.

Then, when you get this rung figured out, think through all of the possible scenarios and see if you can find some more, less obvious flaws.

flaws.gif

Last edited:
Notice that Jocks has never even bothered to post a follow up? They never do. He isnt insulted, cause he never read past your posted code. A student with even the most remote interest in PLCS, even when they botch thier inital do my homework questions, will usually follow up. The vast majority, obviously, have no real interest in learning anything.

Ok, for everyone who wants to know: i don't think that a simple question, made that mess. For the people that touch some feelings and angers, i'm sorry. if you watch carefully, i live in a third-world country. Have a Job related with automatization, or PLC is only a dream here. If a ask the question in that way, was because my english is poor to ask a specific question, and yes is my first touch with ladder, and let tell something, is not a homework, because i'm not a student, is for project that a i have with a friend. I took an example for a reference.
Ok mnehez, thank you very much to use your time in my problem, and you don´t confused me with the problem, i`m think is part of learnig ladder. And thank you to the people who wish me luck too
P.S and a i don´t expecting any apologies, this is a PLC Board..

I am in tears

Thank you all for the patience with me. I will look at that rung and try and figure it out!!! I have to go to school right now though. I am really touched here guys thanks :)

Thanks again.

already done

I've ALREADY posted what I considered were mistakes (one of which was pointed out; the other two are quibblable (is that a word?), but I'm picky.).

You'll note the large "empty" space in my last post. My reply is there, written in "invisable ink". To view, rub your monitor with lemon juice.

Or something like that....

Press the quote button below his post and you can see the source code.

He made the foreground the same as the background. Though you would have to go back and edit to pick which one.

Wow!

Hey mnehez, I am very appreciative of the way you apologized. It takes a lot of courage to do that. Everyone makes mistakes but only a few admits it... 'A man who has committed a mistake and doesn't correct it, is committing another mistake.' --Confucius
There's more: 'Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgement.' ---Rita Mae Brown
Jocks you shouldn't feel bad about this little confrontation. It's good you know: 'We find comfort among those who agree with us; growth among those who don't.' --Frank A. Clark
Too many aphorisms here for a single day. :cool:

Steve that car stoping in the mid way thing is the first thing that I thought of upon reading Jock's post. Jock if you are reading this, please tell me you are doing something about it.

PS: Jocks I don't believe in this first world, second world, third world thing... neither should you.