Parts Per Min /Rolling Average

protrac231

Does anyone have any logic for Allen Bradley for parts per minute, and rolling averages. Im trying to write logic for uptime / downtime / efficiency of a line.

Last edited:
A nice simple one is to count parts over 10 seconds, store the data into a 6 word shift register (shifting down each 10 secs)
then reset the count, add the 6 registers & this gives you a 1 min rolling average every 10 secs. this is a good compromise as you refresh every 10 secs so after no parts for 1 min the parts start counting after 10 secs you have say 10 parts, 20 secs 20 parts, 30 secs 30 parts & so on if the parts are one every second then = 60 ppm but losing a part gives 59 ppm

Similar Topics

Here is what I am working with and what I need to do. I have a machine that runs at a top speed of 60 parts per minute. What I need to do is...
Replies
Views
What is the easiest way of programming a omron plc to calculate parts per hour :D .The value will be displayed on seven segment displays
Replies
Views
Hi All, Could anyone give me some pointers of how to calculate the parts per min, on a simple semi auto machine, using S7 300 PLC and a...
Replies
Views
I have one customer that i programmed a parts per minute display. I used without much thought on my part the "number of parts per time period"...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would like to assemble a simulator/practice booster pump system that uses PID to maintain steady water pressure under various outlet demands...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom