PeakHMI - Adjust ML1400 Timers

Nova5

I have my reads configured to pick up the groups of timers.

I have one point configured T4:0.pre

Now, I can display it in a "LCD display" object, However I need to figure out how to MODIFY it and write the new value to the PLC. The timers need to be field adjustable as the process is a new creation and as of yet we are unsure of how long each step will take to do its work. So these Job Timers need to be adjustable from the HMI. I will not be available to modify the logic and upload it with new timers each time.

I would write to an integer first ( e.g N7:0) then check the value for limits ( "LIM" limit instruction). Then move the value to the timer preset with a "MOV" move instruction.

Hello,

What Mickey posted will work.

Also in the HMI you configured the point access as read or read/write.

If access is read/write, you can set the point to some value and a write to the PLC will be issued.

If access is read you will not be able to write to T4:0.PRE via that point.

The read is not a issue, its configured and should work, but how to manipulate the number on screen before sending it back is my issue. I can't seem to find an text entry field object.

Hello,

Double click on the graphic element.
The animation window will appear.
Select the On Mouse Up or On Mouse Down. I use up.
Select the new button on the left and a list of commands will appear.
If you want to ask the user for a value, use the "Write Integer Value" command.
Fill in the fields.
Make sure the mouse command checkbox is enabled.

At runtime, the mouse is pressed on the graphic element, a dialog will appear, the user will enter a value and select OK, if the value is within the limits you configured, the dialog will close and a write to the PLC will be issued.

>The read is not a issue,

I understand reading is fine. I am referring to the point configuration. One of the configuration fields is "Access Rights" if it is not set to "Read/Write", you cannot write the point.

HMI terminal is a wall mounted unit, it has no keyboard or traditional mouse. It is operated by touchscreen. No on screen keyboard is provided at this time to prevent operators from exiting the HMI accidentally or intentionally. Good to know that A build in dialog does exist.

Thanks.

Hello,

Yes, all the predefined user dialogs have either dedicated buttons and/or if configured, will display the predefined software (virtual) keyboard.