photo eye help

AGENTTINFOIL

can some one tell me where to find a photo eye that can see different color surfaces. I have a blue interlox belt that carries purple, green, red, and white tortillas and I need to see all of them. Right now I can only read white, which works great until we change product.

Banner sensor to determine color

Check with your Banner rep. They have some relatively inexpensive solutions, but would be more correctly considered a vision unit. They are easy to setup.

We use Banner P/N 70826 QC50A3P6XDWQ Color sensor PNP 10-30Vdc

to sense splices of Red, Black and White color.

This sensor can detect three different colors, and we are quite satisfied with its performance.

Hope this will help you,

Regards,

ali

I will vote for a SICK background or foreground suppression PE I use them a lot to detect different colored lids without any adjustments between colors.

Depending on budget / application, Banner has some color sensors that may work, or if you want to go vision, I believe Cognex (5K - 7K) has a color camera system that would allow you to do some nice monitoring / inspection.

As silva.foxx indicated, Keyence makes some really great products. Their CZ-V20 series should do the trick; it has 4-outputs (one for each color). It is very easy to setup and use. I can't say if it is better than the EMX Colormax, but the Keyence we bought last year cost about $700. Good luck!

Grover

Gotcho said:
I just got a EMX ColorMax color sensor and it works great. They can be trained to detect up to 8 different colors, each having their own output.

So, one device with 8 outputs? Sounds cool. Can you tell us the the cost?

Thanks
Paul C.