pico software - allen bradley

hitesh

Hi all - has anyone ever had problems with communicating with an Allen Bradley PICO using the PICO software - I dont have problems with the software loaded on Win98 but having issues with XP SP2.

I also dont have a traditional serial port but am using a Belkin - the unit works with communicating with micros and slcs but not with PICO.

Anyone?

I have used the software with Win2000 and a real serial port without any problems. I think your problem is the USB-Serial convertor. The Pico's are not a real AB product, made by someone else and sold with the AB logo on them. So what works with the real AB stuff, may not work with this 3rd party unit.

you need to use the USB to serial converter the Picu will not work with the converters so I use the 1747 converter with a 1747 cp3 cable

I have used a usb to serial converter and the 1760-CBL-PM02 ser A rev A cable under WinXP sp2 with no problems. The usb-serial converter shows up as Prolific USB-Serial Comm Port(COM 2). I had to ensure that it was between com 1 and com 4 because PicoSoft 3.0 will only allow those ports. This is the same USB-Serial converter I use with SLC and Micrologix as well. I also shut down RSLinx before using PicoSoft and plugging in the USB - serial adapter.