PID, PIDE and P_PIDE

See TN 672547, PIDE to P_PIDE Tag Mapping Table. Need either pcmd_man or ocmd_man in PIDE.

Last edited:
Also see the PDF, Enhanced PID PIDE.pdf,
in the file upload/download area (http://www.plcs.net/downloads/index.php?&direction=0&order=&directory=Allen_Bradley).

(Apologies if this is what jkerekes was referring to).

Suffice it to say, there is no one direct equivalent of the .MO bit.

(This block is powerful and versatile but seems needlessly complicated and 'feature-rich', especially concerning operating modes; it was probably designed by an oversized committee).

No the TN I was referring to outlines the mapping between the PIDE and the Plant PAx P_PIDE instructions.

It would seem the PIDE has no MO bit either
So based on the information below, anyone can help on what
I would do using the P_PIDE
Thanks

.MO station mode (0=automatic; 1=manual)

.SWM software mode (0=no-auto); 1=yes- sw manual)

Software manual (.SWM)
This mode is also known as set output mode and allows the user to set the output % from the software.
The set output (.SO) value is used as the output of the loop.
The set output value typically comes from an operator input from an operator interface device.

Manual (.MO)
This mode takes the tieback value, as an input,
and adjusts its internal variables to generate the same value at the output The tieback input to the PID instruction is scaled to 0-100% according to the values of .MINTIE and .MAXTIE and is used as the output of the loop.

The tieback input typically comes from the output of a hardware hand/auto station that is bypassing the output from the controller.
Important: Manual mode overrides software manual mode if both mode bits are set on.

maybe a chase of the wild goose - but

I don't know ANYTHING about PAX - but maybe the class notes that I have posted on my website would be helpful - at least for the PIDE part ...

from my website menu - Sample Lessons and Videos - scroll down to the PDF file for PIDE States, Modes, Signal Flow ...

as I said, I developed these to be used as classroom notes/handouts - but you should be able to figure out what's going on - or ask questions if not ...