pid update rate effect

shown below are my notes (questions) from your "part3" figure ...

I'm just guessing – but did you just "sketch in" the Control Variable (% power) trend? ...

suggestion: click the link below my signature – get my email address and send me the RSP file ... then give me a call (the phone number is available through the link) and I'll try to help you with this ...

you've also made a note on your "part4" figure that is troubling ... you mention that some "heavier than standard parts" were run through the furnace during the bump test ... that's a problem ... the purpose of the bump test is to experimentally ascertain the characteristics of the process ... it's ok to have a "load" on the system – but the load should remain STEADY throughout the test ... specifically, CHANGING the load during the test will defeat the purpose of the experiment ...

anyway ...

I've got a little bit of spare time today – give me a call if you like ... (it would be best if I had the RSP file for about ten minutes before you call) ...

bump_test.PNG

PID values calculated from bump test were tried out. results shown in attached graph for before and after change. new values are causing excessive oscillations.

pid 28july2016 testing graph.jpg