Pide instruction control logix

Britt

Manual tuning this instruction as with older pid's " set Kp until oscillates and half it then increase Ki until offset is correct to sufficient time and leaving Kd at zero" has not been to successful. The auto tune button works about as well as any other I have seen. Any info. on how to achieve this faster please do tell.

I haven't had any particular problem tuning PIDE's, (remember to hit "Apply" after EVERY change), but the PIDE instruction is much less reliable then the old standard PID instruction.

Do you absolutely need the (somewhat dubious) enhancements the PIDE instruction provides?

Similar Topics

Hello All, Looking to get a better understanding behind an issue that I had earlier today with a PIDE Instruction that was not changing it's CV...
Replies
Views
Hi: I have a process where I need to control flow with a bomb with Powerflex700. I have a periodic PIDE instruction, Flowmeter is the PV and CV...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am running a PIDE instruction and its running OK but when i open the PIDE properties of the instruction, its status shows InstructFault...
Replies
Views
Hi, In one of our project, we are using PIDE Instruction block (FBD) for all closed loop controls operated through MMI. In that, when the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, we have an homogenizing oven with three zones, 2 burners in each zone, a soak (smaller) and a main (large). during ramp to the air...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom