Pilz PSS 3000 Multi-Processor without bridging

shaunw

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction without me wasting to much time.

One of my clients has a thing about Pilz PLC's, and as this is the only client I have with this fascination, I don't really use them a great deal.

As far as I'm concerened, the Pilz docs are pretty vague, and as such I can't find details on exactly what I want, although I do know it can be done.

The topology of this system I am working on is such that there is a PSS SB CPU-3 in a BMP 8 with 5 AI cards in the rack and a SafetyBus link to 11 DI8O8 cards. Also on the SafetyBus is another PSS SB CPU-3 in a BMP 5/2 with 4 AI cards. I need to connect the second PSS as a “logic device” on the SB network, and transfer the raw analogue data to the first PSS for processing via virtual I/OD’s.

Is there any detailed documentation on this as what I have read is a little ‘hit n miss’, i.e. do I need any special SB's etc? is there standard logic to carry out this action? Is it simply an addressing issue?

Put simply, what's the easiest way for PSS A (Node 32) to access PSS B's (Node 33) raw AI data (i.e. XW 000).

Any halp would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Shaun