Playing hide and seek with my bytes

electech84

I'm working on a project that involves updating messages on a Linx printer via ControlLogix. I'm sending and receiving data via sockets and can successfully update the printer messages. The issue is that the read Socket MSG is parsing the first 4 bytes off my message and hiding them somewhere.

A normal response from the printer should look like this: $1B$06$00$00$1E$1B$03$D9. (See below for code breakdown.) What I have is $1E$1B$03$D9. Any help would be appreciated.

Code breakdown:

1B 06: ESC, ACK
00: No printer errors
00: No command errors
1E: Command ID (Load MSG)
1B 03: ESC, ETX
D9: Checksum

My ACD file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hnZ8BYlbphYF6bzjXDdtNsZPKTrKg9Pp/view?usp=sharing

Someone pointed out I was using the wrong data type for the Destination Element for the Read Socket MSG. I changed it to the proper data type and now I have all 8 bytes.

Someone pointed out I was using the wrong data type for the Destination Element for the Read Socket MSG. I changed it to the proper data type and now I have all 8 bytes.

Specifically, I had created a data type for a Large Connection because my original method needed it. After going through Linx RCI manual again, I found an easier way to accomplish the task, so the Large Connection wasn't needed anymore.