Plc 5/80c

Natanam

I would like some one to provide the procedure in steps to replace the failed PLC 5/80C processor on a redundant Controlnet system. The PLC is connected to the HMI through ENET card.

Friend.... You need to call tech support.

This is not a big deal but to do it you will need to have the software, reload the logic etc...

I have the logic back up with us and would like to know while replacing the PLC 5/80C CPU the checks to be done and the mehtod of replacing.

Upon making this CPU addressable over the controllnet we shall able to down load the program and run it.

Only the steps and necessary cares to be taken during the replacement is requested.

thanks.

Redudent PLC5 with ENET communicating to HMI

Hi,

I am designing a system where I have redudent PLC5s and HMI on the ENET.

I believe that each PLC5 should have its own unique IP address.

I found from your posting that you are using redudent PLC5 communicating to HMI on ENET.

My question to you is how HMI knows that to which IP address it should look at? Basically how does HMI know that which is Primary PLC and from which IP address it should get data or write data?

Say in RSVIEW when you create node you configure it to go to a certain IP address. How is this taken care of, in case of reducent PLC with different IP address of redudent processors.

Natanam, look in the 5/80 installation manual or online for the steps to take. You already have a backup so that is the most important as long as you configure the appropriate switches for your application.
Inside the program code backup should also have information as to the setup configuration of the old 5/80

Bhavdeep, simple "heartbeat" logic between the primary, secondary and HMI which will provide a means to monitor the plc's and auto-switch to secondary if primary fails. I believe there were several tech notes about this on the rockwell website a few years ago. (That's how long it has been since I set up that type of redundant system) If you can't find anything there or from others on this site, PM me and I will dig out some of my old code on my next trip home in a couple of weeks. I won't do the work for you but I will be happy to assist and make suggestions.