PLC and Iridium satellites

diat150

Lifetime Supporting Member
has anyone used any type of PLC to generate the required AT commands to send a "short burst data" message thru an Iridium satellite modem? This would be used in remote locations where there are no other options for communications. Probably a longshot but just wanted to put out some feelers while I look into using this method.

I ran into the same problem, so my company developed a small iridium Modbus transceiver so we could bring in remote rtu's. We can use either serial or tcp. Works great within specifications.

Similar Topics

Hi, I am trying to set up a plc. I've never done any programming with ladder logic previously. I'm trying to set up a a program to turn a device...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a question about an encoder that has absolute measurement. Specifically, it's the Lika SMA5, which I would like to connect...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a question about an encoder that has absolute measurement. Specifically, it's the Lika SMA5, which I would like to connect...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to integrate a Beckhoff IPC with a Controllogix PLC. There is some documentation, on the Beckhoff website, on how to do a PLC-PLC comms...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom