PLC assignment help needed

Thanks, Mellis. I do take advantage of the font settings and with Extra Large fonts and the smaller resolution, I am able to read most text. My problem is my that eyes are not what they used to be.

JM, Thinking about your program, I made a small mistake. Remembering my old college course in Metallurgy, and a project to build a tool and die plant years ago that had 4 or 5 heat-treating electric furnaces, the furnaces are kept running day and night, each at a set temperature, and new parts are added and left in for certain times, depending on the desired hardness. The point is that the electric heating elements were not turned on and off, so you probably need to relabel your Y001 output as simply "HEATING TIME (RED LIGHT)." That would be more correct, considering a real metal-treating operation, because a large electric furnace may take hours (not 30 seconds) to heat up to 80 degrees C.

It is unlikely that any type of industrial oven would be able to heat up to 80 degrees C in 30 seconds. On the other hand, if the oven was already hot and set for say 200 degrees, it may could heat up a bearing to 80 degrees in 30 seconds. However, the time setting simply may be an adjustment to allow easier student programming and quicker instructor testing of your program.

Last edited:
Lancie - doin the guys homework! :D

ActuallyJMH: LogixPro is a worthwhile investment, and as a student you might even get it for cheaper than it already is. It is a RSLogix PLC simulator. I think it only does RSLogix 500 but that would be all you would need to learn really. It's a great tool! It even includes "live production simulations" or just basic I/O to test your logic.

Well, he can have magnifier that is attached to his mask.
I had one of those magnifying welding lens in my mask. Due to poor health, I sold it, along with my 250 Amp Lincoln AC/DC welder, and most of my other tools, tractors, equipment, the farm, the house and barns, the lake, and the woods. Now I live in town on a small lot and dream of the things I could do in my younger days.

Last edited: