PLC code Read only

DGeiger03

Hello,

I have a customer that is so working on developing iFix hmi screens that are controlling his PCS with RSLogix.
He is looking for a solution that will allow him to look into registers and reference live code; ALTHOUGH, he cannot have anyone effect the live PLC. This includes changing the controller state, forcing values, modifying code, etc...

So from the OPC driver (kerpserver) through to the registers themselves.

Thank you for your time and thoughts đź““

Last edited:
I just learnt that they are actually SLC 505s.

I need a system so that a coop student canwork on their computer to build a new iFix application, modify screens, and edit their tag database, while being able to READ only from a plant plc

(via a opc server or something, with tag pass through).

Thus the student can run around on their laptop however they want ‎but there being NO RISK of them being able to write a value to a plc.

Well the tags in a SLC500 won't have any descriptions with them if read via OPC (via Linx) or whatever. You could export the SLC500 DB into a spreadsheet. Then at least the tag descriptions would be there.

For the ControlLogix, you could buy the service edition, or use Linx Classic to browse, or export that DB too.

Kepserver v5 has administrative rules that you can assign to users. By using a sepetate OPC stacked on top of the current system, you are able to tunnel the user through the existing OPC and password protect against writes.