Plc Compare

Big ask - not a bad job though. PAC controllers are nothing special and I do not believe should be separated from any good, high end PLC.
Some of the PLCs are as good as and in some ways more powerful than the so called PAC controllers - HOO - HAA!!
It is very good that members are trying to assist you as well. A real positive step here - keep it going. Have often thought about doing this but no time.
Few things, I think the whole thing should be broken down more. For example, the price of the Omron software is misleading - CX-One includes screen software, motion software, networking software, drive software, a screen and PLC simulator that work together. Just a small example of what I mean.
Networking is becoming more complex - by the way Ethercat is just hitting the deck in off the shelf PLCs. Great for motion and will also be used as peer to peer PLC communications - ring main wired Ethernet - redundant and detect the broken segment - what an advance on hopeless Ethernet.
I will drop in with some updates for you in about a month - too busy till then.

Quick recap: I created a website plccompare.com. The plctalk community has been very helpful in suggesting errors to correct and generally clean stuff up.

Geoff, I brought up Unity Pro again Monday, and within 30 minutes or so I couldn't figure out how to pass parameters to/from subroutines, or seamlessly pass data (likely just a user problem, if I get more time later this week I'll try again, and if I still have problems I'll message you).
You mentioned that I'm using Unity Pro XL and I only need S. For evaluation and screenshot I'm using XL (it's what you can demo for free). For pricing I've got S referenced (you can click the price and jump to where I got it).

L D, I assume you're referring to the S7-200 line. I just removed it, and the Micro/Win software along with it. If there's another obsolete line, let me know and I'll remove it.

Manmeet, looking at the page again, you're very correct. I'm on a 64 bit machine right now (it can't install on these), but will install it on another machine later today and make corrections. In the interim, I've added a link to download Step7 Lite. and removed Micro/Win data (I'll swap the pictures later today)

Bob I do sympathize with your opinion on PLC vs PAC and have something written about this on the site. I believe there are emerging distinctions, and we'll do a writeup on this in the future.
Software-wise I'm only covering programming packages on the site. While I understand that CX-One is more than that, they make it difficult by not selling the CX-Programmer as a standalone product. So they kinda force my hand on that one.
Including new communication standards, yes sir, at some point I likely will do that (not for a while though). I can't commit to what I'll include, but I'll keep your suggestions in mind.
You mentioned updates, I look forward to them.

Thanks guys, I've gotten great feedback on several lines. There are still many lines I haven't heard anything about yet. If you see something I'm getting wrong give me a heads up, I'd love to fix it. Also, If you see that I'm completely missing an important product line, let me know and I'll add it.

My honest opinion: Ditch the distinction between "PLCs" and "PACs". PAC is a silly marketing term that we end-users should not fall for.

For the cost-price comparison, what does the listed price indicate ?
To my opinion, to do a cost-price comparison you would have to define one or several reference PLCs (i/o number, performance, motion axis, safety, networking). Then generate some prices according to the reference(s).

Separating ethernet and USB into "standard" and "optional" is another way of saying that the PLC type is fixed or modular. For example, your diagram has S7-300 as ethernet is optional. But you can have both integrated ethernet, optional (via an expansion module), or both. For Compactlogix, there is either integrated or none, except if we talk about the -L43 where it is optional. So it would be better to distinguish into (fixed, modular rack-based, and modular rack-less).
Also, ethernet and ethernet hides a lot of differences.

Does thermocouple warrant its own entry in the list, but motion, safety, RIUP, redundancy does not ?

PLC Compare

Please I want to know the difference between PLC S7-300 and PLC S7-1200.
And which one of them is the latest version ,
Which one is modular or compact , the type of communication that each of them support it .

THANKS VERY MUCH .

Please I want to know the difference between PLC S7-300 and PLC S7-1200.
And which one of them is the latest version ,
Which one is modular or compact , the type of communication that each of them support it .

THANKS VERY MUCH .

Hint: Start by looking at a catalog. They can even be found on that wacky Google! thingy is you apply the slightest bit of effort. Less actually then typing out your post.