plc controlled stepper problems

Mr. Ro Bot

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all! I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have wired up my stepper motor, control, and uploaded test programs and nothing happens...or my motor gets super hot and doesn't move...I've got the motor wired on a test bench/table so there are no home or Estop/end limits. I keep getting blinking FLT light. Any help would be great! I've been trying to understand stepper motors for months and months to no avail...

PLC:slc 500
CONTROL: 1746-HSTP1
DRIVER: SM2340-240DE
MOTOR: AMCI SD17040B 1PH 115V

Similar Topics

My boss has come up with the idea of renting machines and charging on a per use / per hour basis, so I'm looking into it - just getting my feet...
Replies
Views
I have an emco lathe I have retrofitted for a new control (mach4) and electronics. I have saved this turret for last because I knew it was going...
Replies
Views
Need help with designing and test a PLC-controlled pneumatic system that conveys manufactured parts and loads them on a packing machine. I am...
Replies
Views
Imagine, if you will, a series of custom built modules (building size). Each module is setup with standardized control/automation equipment...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I came across one diesel dispenser at the gas station. I have tried to study it and realized it has basic components: pump, meter...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom