PLC controlling different devices

Shohadawy

I know that the operation of the PLC is based on passing the driving electrical signal or not passing it according to the sequence of its program. If I'm connecting a 24vdc solenoid valve to a PLC and a 220 VAC motor to the same PLC what driving signal shall I apply to my PLC, 24vdc or 220vac?

Part of the idea of 'modular' PLCs is that the input and output signals do not all have to be the same voltage range. Manufacturers produce different modules to handle 24VDC, 110VAC, 220VAC etc...
So if you have two devices with different voltage requirements you use two modules: a 24VDC module and a 220VAC module. Wire each of these with the relevant 'driving' voltage and connect each one to its device. The PLC CPU simply switches an output on or off: the CPU doesn't really know or care whether the result of the operation controls 24VDC or 220VAC.

Shohadawy,
The voltage of your motor doesn't matter. What is the voltage of the coil of the motor starter? Request a 24vdc coil and then you can use the same output card to control both the solenoid and the motor starter (unless it's a large motor starter, then use an interposing relay between the output card and the motor starter).