PLC education/principles

areofall

Hi,
I doing an assignment on PLC's but am finding it hard to locate websites with information, most site are about courses and sales, can you help me? Also any goods books which would help topics like standard ouputs, numerical systems, resolution etc. (UK based)
Thanks

Thanks for the reply, One of the questions is already on the forum, About the ouput from a transducer. Why use 4 - 20mA 0-10V output from atransducer? I have found out about the 4-20mA offset etc part but the 0-10v part is proving hard to find. I don't want to ans the ques aswell for the other guy.

areofall

If you want a book from the UK. Nip down to your loacl WHSmith and buy Programmable Logic Controllers, by W.Bolton. If you don't want to buy it, go to your local library and see if they have it.

Sorry Phil! Do you deliver to the UK?

Also, do as Steve says and go through Phil's tutorial.

Paul

You've come to the right place.

You just missed it slightly. If you click on the LEARN PLCs, just above and to the right of Santa at the top of the page, many of your questions will be answered.

To get even more (for later in your course), buy Phil's book (blantant plug - but sales of the book support our fun here).

Do a search on 'resolution', either using the above SEARCH key, or go into the archives. You're sure to (eventually) find some excellent posts by either Steve Bailey or Tom Jenkins on the answers to you HNC course ("discuss resolutoin and relationship between 9-bit, 10-bit, 12-bit analogue").

This is a
WARNING

DO NOT POST YOUR HOMEWORK QUESTIONS HERE, UNLESS YOU SEEK RICIDULE.

Asking SPECIFIC questions about something you don't understand is OK, even encouraged. But we've seen ALL the HNC questions posted here, and will recognize them for what they are.

SECOND WARNING

Some of the answers in this forum are wrong or misleading. Sometimes that's been deliberate, sometimes the responder was as clueless as the student.

CAVEAT EMPTOR (also IN VINO VERTAS, but that's a different matter)

Last edited: