PLC for a newbie

How difficult it would be to start programming PLC's from other brands like Fanuc, Allen - Bradley or any other?

Not that bad.... I am not good (by my standards) at any, but I can program many (Siemens S5-S7, Allen Bradley 500-5000, Mitsubishi, Automation Direct and others) so can many others here, for me its fun to learn more then just one...

The basics of all PLC's are the same, you have input condition, you look at them and decide your logic then you have output condition, the way some do it are a little better then others, but they all can do just about the same thing, you just need to figure out how that brand or model does it

geniusintraining said:
you just need to figure out how that brand or model does it

That's the fun part and the hardest.
icon14.gif

Similar Topics

Hi, after 30 years involved with automation I'm actually writing my first PLC program and am struggling a fair bit. My background is mechanical...
Replies
Views
I picked up a Siemens S7 1200 from a buddy and I want to start fiddling around with it to learn about PLC's. I don't want to spend a lot of bucks...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys I completed a PLC course a few weeks ago and I've decided to build myself a PLC training rig. I'm using an s7 200 as I managed to pick...
Replies
Views
Hopefully I'll have a legitimate copy of RS500 to program micrologix and SL500 series PLCs. A guy in another group is going to mail me his old...
Replies
Views
I was recently given an FMD88-10 and AN20MA-2, in excellent working condition. I'd like to start learning to build PLC's, and just tinker around...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom