PLC MELSEC FX2N and YASKAWA V7 Drive

sirzrx

hi guys this is my first post here,i just traduate in Electronics engineering, please go easy on me.

I have a YASKAWA V7 Drive and the PLC MELSEC FX2N from mitsubichi, my question is, is posible to contect the PLC and the drive via RS485?
http://ia.edisonautomation.com/drivesmotors/yaskawa_v74x.html

and how is posible to control de Frecuenqy of the motor? i have some drives that uses a resistor to do it, but this one looks like it nees a voltaje source or current source 0-10V(10v=100%)?
http://www.yaskawa.com/site/dmdrive.nsf/(DocID)/AHUG-6EJQB8/$File/WD.V7.02.pdf

well thx for ur time reading this, and for ur help in advance.

here is my mail [email protected]

Last edited:
looks like it will work most drives do interface to a PLC essentially you send a 0 to 10 volt reference voltage which in most cases is further scaled by the drive itself using (keep in mind the following term is used in Omron) analog frequency reference gain. They do take a bit of understanding on the drive parameters to set up if you wish to use the plc to select the drive frequency. you would require an analog output card for your PLC and I'm not familiar with your PLC to know its capabilities as far as expansion are concerned