Mirsubishi Melsec/Shihlin PLC Software

Amatoorplc

Hi everyone,

I have a small project for an industrial site entry gate system. It's running on an old Melsec PLC, and I have a new Shihlin PLC in spares to swap the program over to.

Does anyone know which Mitsubishi or Shihlin program I need to read and copy the program over with? I have read Medoc is the old software, or GX Developer? Its a small project, just one of those ones to do on a list at work. We probably aren't going to spend hundreds on software for it but we have a programming cable and if there is a basic simple program to copy it with...? Thanks for any help in advance.

It depends which Mitsubishi PLC you have, for example GXDeveloper may upload if it's an earlier version of GXDeveloper I'm assuming it is probably the older F series or FX if the older F series it needs a special interface F2-20GF1, these are availlable on Ebay but have not been produced for many years the current (and some previous GXDeveloper) versions do not support the F series you may need Medoc (dos based) which again is not sold anymore but I think there are some on the web, to be honest, even the FX0-3 series are now old, being replaced with the FX5 range, the shihlin is virtually a copy of the FX series but not sure if the mitsubishi software will talk to it as I have never used them. there are also some differences in some of the functions but if it is a simple program should be easy to make it work. I believe