Melsec CC-Link IE TSN master does not transfer process data to PLC

AlfredoQuintero

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello parky, goghie, Brian and all of you who kindly come to help when I get stuck.

I cannot look into the clock issue that parki has written for me, because I have a bigger problem.

We are developing for a customer a firmware for some remote IO device that supports CC-Link IE TSN Class A.

Since this specification's name is so long, I will use here CCLIE for this term.

We are members of the CLPA foundation (the equivalent of ODVA for EhterNet/IP or ETG for EtherCAT). We have ported the CLPA stack to one particulard board, and one of our customers even had their device tested and registered. So our solition is good.

Now there is this new customer who is new to remote IO technology and wants to have a CCLIE interface that can send process data, the equivalent of Profinet IO cyclic data or EtherNet/IP implicit messaging with a payload of 124 words both ways.

We developed the application and when communicating with the iQ-R PLC though the CC-Link IE TSN "intelligent" board, we see normal communication with the remote IO and we see Wireshark showing that what the master sends to the remote IO, our application returns it back. This is the only thing that our application does.

By the way, this is why I needed the millsec resolution timer, to measure in the GxWorks3 program how long it takes to send data and get it back.

The problem is...
That the TSN master does not send the process data to the PLC, so the PLC sees no new data from the remote IOs, even though the data can be seen in Wireshark!

It could be my incorrect settings of the program, but if that was the case, the PLC should give communication error. There is good comms. I am using the sample PLC program as documented in the Mitsubishi manuals.

Below is a glance of my problem. If you read this far thank you. Could it be that there is a limitation in the number of words that a CCLIE device can send?

By the way, the discrete data from the remote IO is received as expected.

ENG_TSN_Problem.jpg

Cannot really help, only done CC link using BT11 but that was 20 years ago, the project used GXIEC, I have the project but do not have GXIEC anymore it is probably a little different back then.

goghie: I sorted the problem out. I had the wrong IO map for the CC-Link IE TSN master. Now I can try to implement parky's clock.

GxWorks3_メモリマップ修正_20230927.jpg

Glad you got it sorted, as I posted, it was 20 odd years ago the last time I used CC link, that was on 485, the setup was quite straitforward, I do seem to remember Mitsubishi supplied some FB's to read or convert the data from CC link I/O both analogue & digital but that was for GXIEC developer, If my memory serves me right it was simple but the help files were a little hard to understand. The same goes for NETH, simple to set up say 8 PLC's setting the send/recieve blocks were simple but the documentation on PLC/Send receive i.e. from scada Ethernet to master then the packets sent to the other PLC's was not very good, it was not apparent that besides the fixed area of exchange data we could drill down from either the programming PC or the scada to read/write other than the W/B areas of all PLC's. Originally we used the standard W/B areas, however, it became a problem as the allocated areas were nearly full, the ability to transfer over NETH R & D registers made it a lot easier.

Yes, parky, with Mitsubishi networks it is a bit difficult in the beginning.
Now I am jumping to the other post where you explained me how to program the millisec resolution clock. Lets see if I can get that one working.
Thanks again for the follow-up.