PLC Programming Interview Please Help

darrenj said:
Well he opened a cabinet about 7' high 6' wide FULL of I/O cards for modicon 984..This was one of 4 systems he had here..I didnt even blink and said "oh yeah no problem..".

Darren,

Was nodding my head and smiling when I read that bit. It's happened to me many many times... The worst ones are when you are confronted with a PLC or equipment you've never seen before and the gaffer of the factory says "Is it alright if I put one of my engineers with you so you can show him what to do..."

Then you have to send the engineer to get you a brew while you furiously work out how the bloody thing works in order to teach him when he gets back in ten minutes!!

I think the old adage, "Talk slow, think fast" is befitting in our job... :)

rsdoran said:
I got tripped up once when asked about PID...I knew what it was but couldnt explain it when asked if my life had depended on it.

I got asked about P-I-D one time (only).

I replied, I am experienced in both types of PID.

Would you like to talk about Piping and Insrumentation Drawings, or about sensors and their loop tuning.

This didn't match what they had on their cheat sheet, and I was told that it sounds like I had a good grasp on them both.

Never did figure out which they wanted!

regards.....casey

How much experience do you have.

I see a lot of entry level jobs requiring 5-10 years experience.

Entry level usually translates to "we don't want to pay you anything".

paul davis