PLC Reviews. And a comparison chart.

An update.

Just stumpled upon that controlglobal has published a market share survey for 2010.
The data I had at hand for the comparison chart was from 2003.

The controlglobal survey is in value rather than percentage of the market, and there might be differences in what is included and what is not. It looks as if this survey includes a lot more general instrumentation and proces control and the other survey does not. That can explain why ABB and Emerson has pushed Rockwell Automation down the chart for example.

http://www.controlglobal.com/Media/2011/1112/CG1112-CovStry-50GlobalVendors.pdf

From the survey I conclude that proces control is a much bigger business than PLCs. Just something to think about.

Similar Topics

I have used a Phoenix Contact PLC ILC 200 and now more recently ILC 350 PLC but I do not see any reviews for this in the PLC reviews section? Are...
Replies
Views
I've come across a system running omeron cx-programmer version 9.42. Am I going to need to find a legacy version of the software to edit and...
Replies
Views
I have an old Sentry Palletizer (S/O Number 3007 / Serial Number 1172) that has lost its program as the backup battery died years ago. I can...
Replies
Views
Hello, good morning, I have been having two problems with the Tia Portal software. The first is that I have installed it on my computer and...
Replies
Views
I have 2 PLCs. One is networked to our plant, and the other is networked to the first PLC via a 1756-EN2T. I could easily get the second PLC...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom