PLC Reviews. And a comparison chart.

An update.

Just stumpled upon that controlglobal has published a market share survey for 2010.
The data I had at hand for the comparison chart was from 2003.

The controlglobal survey is in value rather than percentage of the market, and there might be differences in what is included and what is not. It looks as if this survey includes a lot more general instrumentation and proces control and the other survey does not. That can explain why ABB and Emerson has pushed Rockwell Automation down the chart for example.

http://www.controlglobal.com/Media/2011/1112/CG1112-CovStry-50GlobalVendors.pdf

From the survey I conclude that proces control is a much bigger business than PLCs. Just something to think about.

Similar Topics

I have used a Phoenix Contact PLC ILC 200 and now more recently ILC 350 PLC but I do not see any reviews for this in the PLC reviews section? Are...
Replies
Views
Hello, I want to connect the Factorytalkview ME with rslogix500 to see the live response of HMI buttons in Rslogix500 ladder code . I am using PLC...
Replies
Views
I have a cell with a compact guardlogix as the plc and I have three hmi's and two vfd's on this cell. I been experiencing momentary comms faults...
Replies
Views
Hi, hope you doing well I am looking for SIEMENS PLCSIM equivalent in GE FANUC PLC, RX3i PLC thank you
Replies
Views
Hai, I'm working on Allen Bradely PLC RS Logix 5000 V20 i tried to communicate modbus communication with AB plc and RS 232 to Ethernet converter...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom