plc supporting ascii communication

arclivin

<P>please suggest a cheapest siemens/schneider plc that supports ascii communication with third party controllers using rs232 port and also has modbus rtu connectivity also</P>

A CPU with 2 RS232 interfaces?

The cheapest Siemens variant is probably a 1200 with 2 serial cards. Must be programmed with TIA.

My choice would be an S7151-8 with one ASCII card 6es7138-4df01 and one Modbus card 6es7138-4df11.

Edit: You might find a cheaper combination here : www.vipa.com

Kalle

Last edited:
Just remember that you will need the programming environment to. So a cheap solution from Siemens, might turn into a not so cheap solution if you only have a single project.