plc trainer building

basharath

I want to build a plc trainer for teaching purpose,i want an advice as what type of material to be used to install the plc , buttons , lights and psu.

I was thinking to go for plywood,but i think it will be weak for long use.

any advice on good material is wat i need.

a ready made plastic box or plate is better, mount on the PLC a connector like a SUBD 25 1 for input and 1 for output.

Now create some processes you like, like a trafficsignal board with switches buttons and leds. connect them and program it.
next one is a washing machine, template.
this way you can build several examples the students have to make.
These are nice projects for 16 or 61 year boys to make.
Power them with external 24 volt and you are safe.

These are the ones that we build http://www.plccable.com/plc-trainers-kits/

Some are 120/240 Vac to power and then 24 Vdc on the inputs and outputs and others are 24vdc to power also... I have sold some to India in the past, you can zoom in on our pictures to get a better idea of what we use to build them, you should be able to find the parts there and save a few dollars

Hope that helps!