MicroLogix 1000 PLC trainer built by me (Help Me )

I will explain

I will explain in more detail as to what I did later I have to retrace my steps to remember exactly what u did and I will let everyone know.

Actually if it's a series D (or higher) or an Analog controller, it has "Automatic Protocol Switching" and will switch between DF1 and DH485. The only thing it won't do (related to switching protocols) is switch between full and half duplex. But if it's a DF1 half duplex slave (which it sounds like it's not) then he should be able to configure RSLinx to connect to it.

Interesting, never knew that... I have had a few customers send me them and I had to use a UIC to get it back so guess it was a A,B or C (guess I never looked)

Thanks Mickey, now that I know just about everything there is to know about the 1000's they are obsolete :)

Thanks Mickey, now that I know just about everything there is to know about the 1000's they are obsolete :)

That's just the way it goes...

I still get specs. for discontinued hardware or hardware on the chopping block. Explain it to them, and tell them what's up with the new stuff. I never have issues, they just didn't realize these things at the time. It pays to keep yourself updated.

Besides, you tell them you can get them that piece of hardware, but here's the cost! That one gets their attention!

A few questions...
1st, Is Patrick420 and miller20 the same person? With the post of the program PMILLER by miller20, it could look that way.
2nd, Where in Michigan are you? I'm in the Grand Haven area...
3rd, Are you using the free software version for the ML1000 and ML1100?

I was born in Muskegon...🍻

Last edited:
Im a motor city boy myself.... 🍻

Parts of Muskegon, I call Lil-Detroit. I did a project at one company. Was instructed to back up to the building as tight as I can so no one steals my license plate. The lead maintenance guy there had a plate on his car that he stole from someone else. I heard the entire conversation between he and his wife when she called to warn of Police in the area. He had no shame even discussing this openly. 100% True!

You lived up here for a while, or maybe have relatives in the area. I can't remember which...

I was born in Muskegon...🍻

I use to work in Muskegon at DeVlieg on Broadway in the late 80's. Oh, it was a party all the time! There was a strip club across the street the boss thought fitting to have our Christmas party at. Only in Muskegon...

Last edited:
Parts of Muskegon, I call Lil-Detroit. I

I use to work in Muskegon at DeVlieg on Broadway in the late 80's. Oh, it was a party all the time! There was a strip club across the street the boss thought fitting to have our Christmas party at. Only in Muskegon...

Good ole Murphy's. Know it well...

I actually live just outside GH now but I grew up not far from where you are talking. My dads buddy had a shop over on 9th between Sherman and Broadway. God I hated parking there for anything!