Plc

Since this has become that of international consideration and obfuscation may I raise what I believe to be a pertinent point?

We should move this project into international waters, declare war on the USA, lose and have the tax dollars of the citizens of the USA rebuild and/or build all of our none existent infrastructures.
This will cut our setup and operating costs to a minimum and give us a good power base to work from, especially with our new international recognition and status.

My new title shall henceforth be known as:geek:

The Right Honorable Minister of Sarcasm, Royal Head of the Sarcastic Comment Committee, and Royal Chairman of the Luddite Commentary Sub Commission.

And Alaric; Archimedes screwed up - think about it

Rod said:
My new title shall henceforth be known as:geek:

The Right Honorable Minister of Sarcasm, Royal Head of the Sarcastic Comment Committee, and Royal Chairman of the Luddite Commentary Sub Commission.
Nice...you may get that promotion after all

just_lionel said:
I'll be the coffee go getter...sounds like a few long nights ahead
You need a better title....:unsure:

Rube, How much do we have ? How many PLC can we buy ?

jvdcande, That's why I haved PM'd you so many times with the Siemens question. brilliance :geek:

Ok, now that I finely have a management position, I am going to take the weekend off. But I want all of you to continue day and night, I will buy the first round after the project is completed
🍺

And I will leave everyone in charge now there will definitely be a fight

geniusintraining said:
Rube, How much do we have ? How many PLC can we buy ?

...I will buy the first round after the project is completed.

That's about as much money as we've got thus far--enough for the first round.

I'll be the CEO.

My first question is... how many of you guys are wasting time on this thread while you are "on the clock"?... If so, why?

If I don't like the answer... You are fired!

There ought to be a poll... Casey?

While at work, I spend most of my time at PLC.net.
While at work, I spend most of my time working for my employer.
While at work, I'm the employer, so... F-You, It doesn't matter.
(Go ahead, Casey. Modify as necessary.)

Already accepting that Peter and Tom are employers, I expect a lot of bbull$hit excuses.

Aw heck... was that too harsh? Shame on me.

And, for those of you that posted "off-the-clock"... this simply doesn't apply. So don't get crazy.

Sounds like a Joint Venture or JOA to me. You know one of thoes shell corps setup just for one project, intended souly to protect the Project Manager, staff, & JOA owners from liabiliy when it all goes south due to an overburden of paperwork and the inevitable infighting.

Just to keep things stright, there are certain generally accepted rules to forming Joint Operating Agreements.

1) Everybodys a "Project Manager". The staff must be top heavy to assure that there is no means by which to actually effectuate the project. Hence all Cheifs & no Indians.

2) You are not allowed to conform to GAAP, or any other generally acceptable busniess models. All accounting functions when place togeather must form a perfect circle so a to prevent detection of input and output of cash flow.

3) Industry standared contract form such as ADA G-Forms are strickly forbidden. All procurment contracts must provide for at least 20 instances of no less then 5 layers of referals to "other yet to be published" documents.

4) The main source of cashflow shall be done by procuring products and services from vedors, however providing no means by which to pay thoes vendors unless the JOA is paid in full by the end user. However since the end user must provide a 90% up front payment, thoes moneys will then be invested to accrue intrest, until sometime in the distant very future the project is paid in full and fully approve by the project owner.

...which brings us to... CASH DISBURSMENTS:

5)Now keep in mind that there will be no disbursments of funds to vendors or subcontractors until all Project Managers have fully approved all work in place. The approval process must take place successivly and NOT concurently so as to assure that all Project Managers are in possession and can review all previous successive notes and origional contracts. Each project Manager (including the "Java" Procurment Project Manager et..all) will be allowed a minimum of 30 days to review all disbursments. After disbursment approval, all disbursment check orders will be submited by the 10 day of the next month the the vendor for cash disbursments. The Cash Disbursment vendor will be allowed 30 days to produce the cash disbursment check to the JOA, which in turn will present the check to each of the JOA owners to co-sign. Each of the JOA owners will be allowed a minimum of at least 30 days to sign and return the Cash Disbursment Check to the JOA who will then be allowed a minimum of 30 days to provide it to the next JOA owner. After the last JOA owner has returned the Cash Disbursment Check to the JOA, then the JOA will be allowed a minumum of 30 days to produce the Cash Disbursment Check to the Vendor.

In short, get paid up front, Sub-contract all work, and withhold all disbursments for a min of two years from the date of submission from the sub-contractors.

If Tom J. reads this he might recogonize the basic structure and provide some other ideas from his expireance....(possably having been a subcontractor to a JOA or Joint Venture)

Last edited:
I would like to apply for the Suds Dispenser 🍺 position. I believe that this project will require large amounts of this lubricant of the mind.
May I suggest one of the fine Dutch brews, such as "Pink Elephant" as a first round, or perhaps the new Sam Adams 51%, 2 year old Super Beer.
Maybe we should start with some of the fine local material that I am making in one of the new tanks on my farm...hey, they were really clean, and they are for digesting stuff, so the fist thing thru the pilot tank is a batch of dark beer brewed with wine yeast, might just peak out at 18%...🍺

Alright then thats settled. First round's on Eric...

Bars open, wat ken ah fetch ya'll???

David

(and I am not on the clock now...)

Well, guys, you have forgot one of the MOST important positions for any good team that is going to function in the modern TEAMWORK environment. Every successful TEAM needs to select this position, before things get rolling.

In the computer age, things move so fast that there might not be time later to make the selection. I am talking about the role of SCAPEGOAT, or the person that gets blamed when the whole project collapses.

I volunter to be the Scapegoat. I have had lots of experience in this area, and I know what it takes to be a good "fall guy". But if I am going to be the Scapegoat, I want my standard perks for that job. I get to set my own hours. See you all on payday.

Ok then just like government we must get bigger and take over everything darrenj, you are in charge of this.

O.K. people the ball is rolling..My first report is we don't have enough redundancy..I mean Alaric hasn't replied in 2 days now..Is he sick?? where is the stand by proof reader..We need at least 3 to get anywhere near government standars..This goes for all postions..I think we need a HR manager to hire as required for this project..as the client still seems to be out of contact a liaison needs to be hired to act on his behalf..Lancie 1 has offered to be the scapegoat..(A well paid position) but we need more than one..we cant always blame the same guy..we need multiple people to blame when deadlines are missed or things get screwed up..

I nominate mike to be Chief Finance officer..But only if he knows how to cook the books..If he is found to be to honest we can easily replace him..

Speaking of finance..anyone have a rough idea of the bill to date?? I can tell you the cost of this study is into the millions already..BTW Mike..when you are figuring out money i need a new car..figure that in the expenses somewhere will you?

Thanks

i agree with Terry..lets take a poll to see where people stand..and then do what we want anyway..BTW how much does it cost to take a poll??

Well, since it took my PC ages to convert from AB to Siemens (who thought I used my little grey cells for that slave labour must be joking) I want to apply for a new state-of-the-art laptop. It should come with ALL known interfaces of course. And because I can't carry around a gem just like that, trow in a new car to wheel it around as well.

BTW, when is that first payday due???

Very, very, very kind regards (some serious a$$ki$$ing might rise the pay),

(Terry Note: Off The Clock) - I must be falling down in my job since there is no reply to my PM to the original poster. But it is increasingly looking like any input from that source will be unnecessary if not counter-productive. We know where we're going and we'll not let something as petty as the job specification stand in our way. I still haven't seen my first paycheck though. Getting ready to give my notice if this goes on.

Bernie, sorry about the delay getting you and the others your paychecks (I haven't gotten one either). Seems the guy that programmed our accounting system has been let go and HR hasn't found us a new one yet.

Rube said:
Bernie, sorry about the delay getting you and the others your paychecks (I haven't gotten one either). Seems the guy that programmed our accounting system has been let go and HR hasn't found us a new one yet.

Well dont we need someone in HR to recrute someone for the HR position?..