plc

This isn't a tech question it is a politics question. You tell maintenance that production are blaming them for shoddy work. You tell production that maintenance are blaming them because they can never get time on the machine. You gain a chunk of time whilst they are arguing with each other. Then you tell management that you could have quickly solved the problem if they had funded that expensive bit of kit you requested. By the time the dust has settled you will have figured out the problem and management will have bought you a nice new shiny toy. Production will be happy because the machine is back in production and using the 'commission' you added to the cost of the shiny toy you take maintenance out for a drink.

Bryan

This isn't a tech question it is a politics question. You tell maintenance that production are blaming them for shoddy work. You tell production that maintenance are blaming them because they can never get time on the machine. You gain a chunk of time whilst they are arguing with each other. Then you tell management that you could have quickly solved the problem if they had funded that expensive bit of kit you requested. By the time the dust has settled you will have figured out the problem and management will have bought you a nice new shiny toy. Production will be happy because the machine is back in production and using the 'commission' you added to the cost of the shiny toy you take maintenance out for a drink.

Bryan
Wish I was taught that one thirty years ago. I could have collected a lot of shiny toys AND be the most popular guy around by now.

What type of step programming is that? I'm most familiar with sequencers and bit logic methods of step programming

Based on dance class many moons ago it looks like a box step to me. Updating to PLC my guess it would apply to a PLC controlling a piece of packaging equipment.

I guess sequence would be
1. move L a distance of A in Y direction
2. move R a distance A in both X and Y

Repeat for next sequence except swithch L and R

In answer to what is next step after replacing card I think I would consider reterminating the wires from / to sensors / outputs.

The other answer to teh question is a choice of 4 maybe more
1. Get manual
2. Read
3. Follow directions
4. Get someone who knows what he is doing.

Dan Bentler

Last edited:
It's probably a password sequence for use with a series of safety mats. One must be able to dance to be able to activate the machine. This prevents less graceful or clumsier employees from operating dangerous equipment.