PLC5/04 Download Failed error

LordNewton

I am downloading a previously working program to this PLC and i get the following error mid download

Download Failed!
Create Section Failed: Ext Sts = 0x0B
Access Denied - Privilege Violation
section=Data, file=230, length=1

I have reset the PLC but powering it down and removing the battery for some minutes.
I have tried swapping it with a spare processor.
I have verified that dip switch 8 on the back pane behind the processor is on the Off position.

What am I missing?

It is a PLC5 with RSLogix5
I am not using the 1785 enet but I am using the 1784 u2dhp.
I am pretty sure the PLC is not out of memory because this program was running on it upto the day before yesterday.

Something to try, in RSLogix 5 in Controller Properties > Controller Communications change the state of "Single Threading for Up/DnLoads" and save the project and try downloading again.

how large is the project vs available memory of the plc? If it's close to the max then it may be running out of memory.

It may be better to try to initialize and wipe before doing a download. If it's a tight fit there's a possibility it doesn't have enough free space to actually operate correctly.

Or, alternatively, there is a problem with the size of the data in file 230 and it needs to be fixed before it allows you to download.

Turns out, it was a bad 1784 u2dhp. Our luck ran out because it was working fine a couple of hours prior.

not sure what you tested on it, but I've always had to completely delete drivers out before connecting and even clear harmony/reboot sometimes to get it to work properly if it didn't work the first time. Make sure it's actually bad before deciding to get another.

I agree with Ian's advice to make doubly sure it's really bad. But, I've had them fail like that before. No amount of rebooting, deleting files, etc. would make it start working. It just stopped working between uses.

We ended up getting a ProSoft EtherNet/IP to DH+ gateway module instead. It was a little cumbersome, but it worked. If I needed one now, I'd probably try this:
https://www.plccable.com/ethernet-i...ighway-plus-dh-gateway-converter-ethernet-ip/