plc5 6200 software

stusuper

I am trying to run plc5 6200 software under windows xp. I am using a pcmk card. I keep getting PCMKINIT.com not found or no pcmk card present. Has anybody got around this.

Hello stusuper.

You cannot use the internal PCMK driver in 6200 under Win NT or up.
The only internal driver that I think works is serial DF1.

In Win NT and up you have to use RSLinx.
6200 has to be one of the very latest versions. I have a v.5.32.02 that supports RSLinx.
I think you can get RSLinx Lite when you download the free RSLogix500 starter software for the 10-point ML1000.

It's been several years, but I think if you have the latest version of 6200, then it supported RSLinx where you could use the PCMK driver. It was S-L-O-W though.

However, I have not tried this in years! It may require an earlier version of RSLinx, but maybe not.

And you can download RSLinx Lite directly. It's not necessary to download anything else in addition. Warning though, it's a big download.

OG