PLC5 DNet Module

WTFSUNELECSUP

What are the major differences between an a Allen Bradley 1771-SDN Firmware B card , and Firmware C cards. We have currently have Series C firmware Rev 6.002 and 6.005 cards, and I'm trying to find a replacement but can only find a Series B.

The cards control an Ultra 3K drive, over Dnet.

Series C was a hardware, memory, and firmware upgrade for the 1771-SDN, which added Auto-Device Replace and Slave Mode functions to the module.

If you are using those functions, you need a Series C module. Otherwise, a Series A or B module should function identically.

Series B can't be upgraded past version 5.x, and you probably cannot load a Scanlist Configuration from a Series C (6.x or later) into a Series B scanner. To use one as a spare, you'll have to reconfigure the scanlist for it manually.

I checked the RA Knowledgebase and found that they've discontinued production of the 1771-SDN as of the end of December 2013.

Thanks,

I found out last week they had discontinued the production, and I'm currently trying to buy a used spare from a electronics repair center.