PLC5 Indirect Conversion

Thanks to you all , been very helpfull, one more item

This has been a good thread, I am going to keep it when we are done.
Here is a problem that compounds all of these issues

PLC5_Indirect_Word_Bit.jpg

Here is the full routine

I think there are only four possibilities for values
If that is the case then this maybe could be converted to an
AOI one for each N19[0], 1, 2 and 3

Originally posted by Phrog30:

Explain to me how:
is different from B10[(N15_10 AND NOT 31) / 32].[N15_10 AND 31], besides the fact that "your" way requires more code.

followed immediately by
Originally posted by asterof:

What does the first B10[(N15_10 AND NOT 16) actually do
does not make much sense to me

is why I would do it my way. I do this stuff all the time and am pretty good at it and I needed to take a second look at that conversion to really see what it was doing. The issue may be less in the functions used than in the combined, compact nature of the text. But there is alot going on in a very small piece of code with nothing to tell you what is happening in the middle. That is the perfect blueprint for "hard to troubleshoot".

Keith