PLC5 not working

Jesper,

Thanks for all your valuable suggesions.

I just want to confirm once again that- Is this happening due to hardware fault?

While downloading i also observed that in the error window of file S2(screenshot attached) the box of major errors flags S:11 contains all zeroes(0s) before downloading. After downloading the same box contains all ones(1s). On clearing major error it becomes 0 again. Does it have any connection with the fault????

HELP!

Last edited:
So are you saying now that you have managed to download the program ?
What did you do differently now ?
And the screenshots you posted are from an upload of the program ?

Not knowing your project, I can imagine 4 possible reasons.
1. There is nothing wrong. The major error values are not really from the CPU.
2. There is nothing wrong. You just need to clear the errors.
3. There is something wrong with the PLC program that you try to download.
4. The CPU is defective just as you suggest.

Another thing you can do is to contact someone locally with more knowledge about PLC5. As you have never worked with PLC5 before, you are not the right person to troubleshoot a possibly tricky problem with PLC5.

And, there must be lots of other PLC5 experts out there besides me.
I hope someone more knowledgable can step in and help the guy.

No. Program was not downloaded. The better words would have been "After following the process of downloading until that download command failed window(screenshot already attached in post #27) come" and not "downloading". The screenshots i sent in the last post is that of processor status error tab.

I contacted few local PLC5 experts also but they also stuck at the same point(Password authentication failed).

Indeed it is the tricky problem but thanks for all your suggestions once again!

Jesper,

First of all many thanks to u! I managed to download the program in PLC5-2 following the same processes as guided by u. Actually my 2 PLC5(PLC5-1 and PLC5-2) were faulted. Now PLC5-2 is working and also its PROC indicator is showing steady GREEN color. But PLC5-1 is still not working though using the same processes. Dowloading in PLC5-1 gets failed and ask for password whereas downloading in PLC5-2 succeeds without asking the password.

There is a probability of hardware fault!

I want to have one information regarding the size of the response packets of MicroLogix1100. What is the maximum size(in bytes) for different response packets of MicroLogix1100?

Can you please help?

m.nazish said:
I want to have one information regarding the size of the response packets of MicroLogix1100. What is the maximum size(in bytes) for different response packets of MicroLogix1100?
Start another thread !
And I have zero experience with ML1100.