PLC5 'Slot Addressing'

Thanks Jeff, thanks Jesper.

Jeff, as Jesper assumed, I was not planning to have any outputs connected to the output card, or initially any inputs connected to the input card.

Regarding the Input Image Table, are you suggesting that this may have data (from some other source) that will be overwritten when the additional input card is seen during the input image update?

I am less experienced but I do believe a programmer could use the data tables for unused slots as internal bits. not necessarily common but still possible

rlmts,

just seen your thread, and to catch up, I am quick-reading all the posts, and I see that you included an image of the I/O configuration (untitled6.jpg), which shows all the Chassis connected to the PLC.

If you double click on the chassis number, then it should expand to show the cards and slots allocated to that chassis, if the programmer has added that detail - and having gone to the first stage, then I would hope they have added the extra detail. That will at least confirm the installed modules.

Hi John,
Thanks for the input, I don't have the PLC programme with me at the moment so I'll check this out when I am back on site.
But I believe the extra detail is not there :(