Please Help! Allen-Bradley IMC-S Compact Motion Controller set up

mrzhao

I bought an old Allen-Bradley IMC-S Compact Motion Controller,of which the catalog number is 4100-234-R, i must set it up like a working one,so it could be a spare part when the working one faulted,i am not familar with motion controller. Could someone tell me how to do?
I know i must set some switches on the motion controller boad and the power
board, and i got the *.gml from our customer,i got the GML3.91 software and opened the *.gml file and i could see the diagram in it.
I don't know whether downloading the *.gml to the motion controller is all that i need to do or Not ?
What are the steps to setup this motion controller up ?How to test it ?
I do need help. Any help would be appreciated !
THANKS.

Hi

First set up the dip switches as you have said.
Then I would check that you have the correct code by going online to the existing controller. From what I remember about gml it would not go online unless you had the correct source code.
The only true way for me is to put the drive into the machine and and test it or set up a spare plc,servo motor etc and test it which is normally not a runner.
Gml can be hard to trouble shoot if you are not used to it. One thing I used to do is slow down the machine so the online monitor did not jump around to fast.

Donnchadh