Please help me out regarding plc programming as soon as possible.

[OT]

I dont like omron implementation of fb's, it just sucks big time. I actually find omron plc's to be pretty limited. In omron I would not use FB's for other than basic things like valve, motor, vfg, mixer etc. And would do them so that you never need to open them. For now im happy I dont need to use omron plc's.

My bet is on siemens & codesys only little behind.

btw. siemens simulator and wincc & wincc flex work together like a charm. Same for codesys & its viz.

[/OT]

Do what LD says and you have answer if it can be converted or not pretty fast.

Don't you normally use (tested and error-free) object FBs for AI and Motor and Valve control?
Hi Kalle, not normally as I generally do not do the type of work where that is useful.
Every job is different and the software has to be individually written. Standard, tested blocks are of virtually no use. That is probably why FBs are a pain to me as I would have to develop new ones for each job.
I am developing some standard FBs for manipulating data read from Caterpillar engines though. The interface is Modbus RTU but the network on the engine is CAN. There are 3 values that have to be used to calculate a reading - value, offset and precision. Everything has to be converted to floating point and then calculated out. That is about the only standard thing in my programmes.
I dont like omron implementation of fb's, it just sucks big time. I actually find omron plc's to be pretty limited.
It is relative and depends on what you like, dislike and do I guess. There are things that I like and dislike about every PLC I have ever used. I find the Omron function set to my liking and my way of working.
For example, I write all my programs by way of I/O addresses (numbers) and very rarely by symbols - I guess I am old and old fashioned and still like working in the land of DOS programmes where I cut my teeth. Not all but some software has gone pretty much strictly symbol based and I do not like that at all. I also like to allocate all my extrnal and internal I/O so that I know where everything is and I am in control. I dislike automatic allocation immensely. I still use many DOS type commnands even in Windows 7 x 64 bit - just easier and quicker sometimes rather than dragging and dropping stuff everywhere.
siemens simulator and wincc & wincc flex work together like a charm.
Great - the last time I used one it was not available.
Same for codesys & its viz.
Rarely seen in the land of Ozz.

Last edited: