PLease help me..

Resolution:

Let say you have 0-5 volt to be converted to 4-bits digital data.
You will have 2^4=16 combination of these 4 bits. So you will have resolution: 5/16 = 0.3125 volt/bit.

0.0000 Volt = 0000(b)= 0(d)
0.3125 Volt = 0001(b)= 1(d)
0.6250 Volt = 0010(b)= 2(d)
0.9375 Volt = 0011(b)= 3(d)
5.0000 Volt = 1111(b)= 16(d)
-------------------------------
Sorry if there is a mistake...

Paging Modem

Hi,
I want to know whether it is possible to communicate the float value through Remote Rockwell Automation Remote Access Paging Modem 9300 RAPM & HOW?

I don't know much about online programming.
Now I've changed N7 values and timer presets while online, but I don't think that is considered ONLINE programming.
I think that with some programs you can actually insert a rung while the program is running.
That's gotta be pretty wooly.
Do you get the jitters just before you click Accept Changes or whatever?

gbradley said:
I don't know much about online programming.
Now I've changed N7 values and timer presets while online, but I don't think that is considered ONLINE programming.
I think that with some programs you can actually insert a rung while the program is running.
That's gotta be pretty wooly.

Online programming is a tool that has its uses. You must be careful when adding logic (so as not to fault the processor, so as not to create an unsafe condition, . . .), but it really isn't that bad if you understand the process you are working on. I do it regularly - in fact, unless I have a significant change of MANY rungs, I will almost always make modifications online. Adding logic versus changing logic is not too much different in my opinion (again, unless you are adding lots of logic).

In the Allen Bradley world, there is an intermediate step with online programming of "test" changes. Basically, you Accept your rung changes, then "test" (with the ability to "untest" and restore your original logic), before "assembling" the modified code.

Some people here won't buy a PLC unless it has online programming capability.

In answer to the original question though, and as some have already said: Offline programming is any programming done when NOT connected to the PLC. Any offline changes must be downloaded into a processor for them to be in effect.

Marc

gbradley said:

With Modicon its instant..You click the instruction and its in the logic. You dont have the cusion that you do in AB where you can change you mind or test..While its nice i do find it a little cumbersome to accept changes, Test changes, Assemble changes..

Starting with v. 13 of RSLogix 5000 (for the ControlLogix controllers), there is a shortcut button that makes the online changes instantly. (Of course, it provides plenty of warning about what may happen if you use this option).

Not sure if this feature is planned for RSLogix 5 or 500...

Rick