please help with slc 100/150 software

well i called AB Tech Connect, the tech said he had heard of others not being able to use the files that are on the support site he also verified that the software should be the unprotected version (free: would it violate forum rules to post it here?). so he emailed me the correct files. i am now able to open the files on my xp machine without using any emulators, but am unable to print..

i will install the software on my dos laptop at work tomorrow, i suspect it will print on it..

Last edited:
Since Tech Connect sent you the corrected files of what they have posted on their support site, I dont think it would violate any rules if you posted them here. Just zip them up and attach them to a post. This is just my opinion, for what it's worth. Only the site Owner/Administrator could say for sure.

i wish one of them would chime in, if they have no problem with it, i will be more than happy to post it up.

You can print from PCIS in Win XP if you capture the LPT1 port to a file or a network printer.

Google "Capture LPT1 to file" or "Capture LPT1 to network printer" to get instructions on how to to this.

But to access the serial port to go online with a PLC you will have to run PCIS on a dos machine or in a dosbox virtual machine.

WOOHOO! i was able to capture the lpt1 port with printfil (trialware/shareware) even though i was able finish what i needed with the software i am gonna upgrade and suggest to my employer to buy it as well.. i cant count the hours it and you guys have saved me..

again, thanks very much!