plotter advice

just an update, I bought the Allen Bradley plotter have not use it yet but have used one in the past. I get a god enough discount on the ab terminals and labels for it so I went this way. Thanks for all the input!

We have one of the older AB plotters. Has worked well. My biggest gripe is maintaing the pens properly. I rarely am able to use up all the ink in a pen before something happens to it. Either the tip gets bent or the ink dries in the tip. I found one source online for the pens instead of buying them from AB.

<DISCLAIMER - I work for a Phoenix Contact distributor>

We have been using the Phoenix Contact Bluemark printer for almost a year now:
http://www.phoenixcontact.com/onlin...12-01-01/8c7cd7d9-2b94-4505-93c3-88ba338be6f4

As I said we are a distributor for Phoenix but we did not get the thing for free (yes we got a discount) so I don't feel that I cannot comment on it. The ease of use over a plotter is strictly no comparison. The images are laser printer quality and you can use any font or include any graphic image you want. Also, there are no pens to deal with like our old plotter.

We have 4 full time panel builders and a not near tying up the device.

There is a lower cost option that they have come out with which is a package of a single sheet card marker, a thermal printer (mostly for wire markers) and a laptop. That is here: http://www.phoenixcontact.com/onlin.../?pid=5147101&library=usen&pcck=P-12-01-04-01