Pnaelview 1400e Still in training....

showshocka

hey guys. I'm sending this panel view out for repair. the company asked me if i used DH+ or Remote I/O. whats the difference between the two? my PV was communicating through the blue cable housing the black,clear and drain wire from the SLC 504.

Last edited:
5/04 supports only DH+.

Remote IO is a lot more work to get to the same functionality and it's treated like a another PLC rack.

hey guys. I'm sending this panel view out for repair. the company asked me if i used DH+ or Remote I/O. whats the difference between the two? my PV was communicating through the blue cable housing the black,clear and drain wire from the SLC 504.

Was the blue hose connected directly to your SLC5/04? If so then it's DH+.

Was the blue hose connected to a scanner module ( 1747-SN)? Then it's RIO.

Is the blue hose connected to the port on the processor of the SLC 5/04?

Also, look at the rack and make sure there is no scanner card installed with another blue hose on it. This will mean there is remote I/O that could be a panelview or another rack.

You can have the processor on a DH+ network and still have a RIO panelview. If you are unsure, look at the panelview program under the application settings tab and look at the terminal setup.

EDIT: Mickey beat me to it (like usual).

Last edited:
I remember that RA offered a flatscreen upgrade a few years ago but may have even discontinued that.

Is a third party offering repair services for the PanelView 1400e ?

this what i've find so far. my PV wire config is wired by what would be RIO. So thst what i told the company. correct?

DHplus and Remote IO PV.jpg

Last edited:
I would not go by the wire color. I've seen this incorrectly installed more than I've seen it correctly installed.
JMHO